Getting Started with PLM
Recommended steps to get off to a good start with PLM:
- Learn about PLM from unbiased sources
- Find and involve an experienced, independent PLM Consultant to help with the following steps.
- Define your immediate and long-term business needs and requirements based on your company’s goals and objectives.
- Create a long-term PLM strategy and action plan.
- Identify potential areas of improvements in your organization based on industry best practices and latest available PLM technologies.
- Develop a PLM Business Case to be able to make an informed and financially sound decision regarding an investment in PLM.
- Analyze and compare the scope and functionality of different PLM Systems. Look for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) systems with available preconfigured industry solutions and a functional scope that can support your long-term PLM strategy.
- Conduct a methodical PLM Evaluation with 3 to 4 systems to find the best solution for your business needs.