PLM Requirements Specification and Software Analysis Tool

$250.00

Defining a PLM specification with detailed, business relevant, selective and measurable requirements is critical to ensure the selection of the best PLM solution for your business needs. Our electronic PLM Requirements Specification is a key element in enabling you to define a PLM solution that is tailored exactly to your company’s needs.

Category:

Description

Defining a PLM specification with detailed, business relevant, selective and measurable requirements is critical to ensure the selection of the best PLM solution for your business needs.

Our electronic PLM Requirements Specification is a key element in enabling you to define a PLM solution that is tailored exactly to your company’s needs. Depending on the situation, you can leverage this tool in a variety of ways:

  • The definition of detailed, customized PLM requirements as part of a request for information (RFI) or request for proposal (RFP)
  • The electronic pre-selection of appropriate PLM solutions
  • As a questionnaire for PLM software vendors
  • For PLM gap analyses
  • For PLM software validations, specifically in the medical device industry. The General Principles of Software Validation; Final Guidance for Industry and FDA staff; Section 4.1 states that “A documented software requirements specification provides a baseline for both validation and verification. The software validation process cannot be completed without an established software requirements specification (Ref: 21 CFR 820.3(z) and (aa) and 820.30(f) and (g))”.

Our newest electronic PLM Requirements Specification includes over 1,200 standard requirements in 27 major functional areas and 75 sub-categories, which according to our experience typically cover over 90% of the PLM needs of most companies. The remaining 10% can be defined based your unique business needs and easily added to the specification.

Detailed technical and functional PLM requirements are defined for the following major areas:

  • Document/File Management
  • Part/Component/Material Management
  • BOM Management
  • Configuration Management
  • Classification Management
  • Workflow Management
  • Change Management
  • Portfolio Management
  • Program Management
  • Project Management
  • Resource Management
  • Quality Management (CAPA, Title 21 CFR Part 11 and Part 820, etc)
  • Requirements Management
  • Software Configuration Management
  • Content Management
  • Manufacturing Process Management
  • Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
  • Visualization & Markup
  • Reporting & Analytics
  • CAD, ERP and Office Tools Integration
  • Ideation
  • New Product Development (NPD) and Stage Gate Process
  • Collaboration
  • Architecture & Technology
The predefined PLM requirements are specifically well suited for companies in the following industries:
  • Automotive & Transportation
  • Aerospace & Defense
  • Consumer & Consumer Packaged Goods
  • Energy & Green Technologies
  • High-Tech & Electronics
  • Industrial Machinery & Plant Equipment
  • Medical Device & Life Sciences
  • Retail, Footwear & Apparel

This combination of leveraging industry best practice and company specific requirements distinguishes our PLM Requirements Specification and the results you can achieve significantly from working with and using other, more generic PLM RFP templates.

With our electronic PLM Requirements Specification you can:

  • Quickly and methodically assess the suitability of specific PLM systems for your company’s needs
  • Conveniently compare different systems
  • Easily determine gaps between the required and the offered functionality
  • Effortlessly create powerful and easy-to-understand management reports that include evaluation facts and results in every desired detail.

Benefits of using our PLM Requirements Specification:

  • Save Effort: Reduce or eliminate dozens of meetings and conversations to gather relevant requirements from your entire organization. Simply ask constituents and stakeholders to review the PLM Requirements Specification, select applicable requirements and add any potentially missing requirements. The requirements included in the specification typically cover over 90% of the PLM needs of most companies. The remaining 10% can be defined based your unique business needs and easily added to the specification.
  • Save Time: Reduce the time required to meet with all constituents and stakeholders in your organization to define requirements for for all functional areas. Our experience shows that our PLM Requirements Specification reduces the time required to define a comprehensive set of requirements from days or even weeks to only a few hours.
  • Save Money: You don’t need to involve expensive consultants to help you with the mundane task of gathering your organization’s PLM requirements, and you save thousands of dollars in eliminating internal meetings, conversations and requirements gathering sessions.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “PLM Requirements Specification and Software Analysis Tool”

Your email address will not be published.